Spaghetti Squash Frittata with Spinach, Tomato, and Feta
Spaghetti Squash Frittata with Spinach, Tomato and Feta is a light, yet filling meal that makes the perfect weekend brunch, lazy weeknight dinner, or make ahead breakfast! This simple frittata is naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, and loaded with flavorful veggies.
1 tbsp olive oil1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)1 large garlic clove, minced2 cups spinach, roughly chopped1 medium roma tomato, diced (about 1/2 cup)2 cups spaghetti squash, cooked*10 large eggs1/4 cup milk1/2 tsp salt1/4 tsp pepper1 medium roma tomato, thinly sliced1/2 cup crumbled feta, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and half of the feta (1/4 cup). Set aside.
- In a 10″ cast iron skillet (or similar size oven-proof skillet), heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach to skillet and cook until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Add spaghetti squash and diced tomatoes and stir until all ingredients are evenly dispersed in the pan.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables, lifting the spaghetti squash as needed to ensure that eggs are evenly dispersed. Top with tomato slices and remaining feta cheese.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, until eggs are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool and set for at least 10 minutes before slicing