Smoky Grilled Caesar Salad with Avocado
This Smoky Grilled Caesar Salad with fresh California Avocado recipe is refreshing any time of the year!
1 head Romaine, rinsed, bottom removed, and leaves cleaned1 Fresh California Avocado*, peeled, pitted, cut into quarters2 slices red onion, sliced 1/4" thick1 cup fresh croutons, toasted½ cup shaved Romano cheese4 oz. Caesar salad dressing4 tsp. white balsamic vinegarExtra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil, as neededSalt and pepper to taste
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat and brush the grill grate with oil.
- Brush the romaine leaves lightly with oil, then place on grill, turning once.
- Remove when leaves have grill markings.
- Add the avocado pieces and onion slices to the grill for about 2 minutes, or until grill markings appear. Do not turn.
- Remove from grill.
- Tear or cut romaine leaves into bite size pieces, and divide onto 4 plates.
- Separate the grilled onion slices into rings.
- Divide the onion rings among the 4 plates.
- Add a quarter avocado to each plate.
- Top each salad with two tablespoons of shaved Romano cheese, ¼ cup of fresh croutons, and a light drizzle of the Caesar dressing.
- Drizzle each plate with a teaspoon of white balsamic vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.