Smoked Lechon Sandwich
Smoked Lechon sandwich Served on house made bread “pan de agua.”
5 oz smoked chopped lechon1 oz of Dijon mustard1 oz of garlic butter (local butter)5 thin slices of forest ham4 slices of Swiss cheese2 oz of sweet & spicy pickled relish (made in-house with locally grown cucumbers)“Pan de Agua” (made in-house)
- Start off by smoking suckling pig in smoker at 200-degrees for 4 hours.
- Remove and put in pre-heated in oven 425 for 20 mins.
- Let sit for 30 mins and chop away using the crispy skin & different parts of the pig for dynamic flavor.
- To make this amazing Lechon sandwich, start by spreading garlic butter onto the bread.
- For better flavor, heat up the forest ham on a flattop to give it that nice smoky ham flavor.
- Layer sandwich in this exact order: Swiss cheese, sweet & spicy pickled relish, grilled ham, Lechon, more Swiss cheese and place on Panini press.
- Make sure you let the sandwich get nice and crispy.
- Enjoy with your favorite sandwich side – Chips, fries, or even fried plantains!