Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup is delicious, can be made very easily, and can be frozen and served up again for another family meal.
2 pounds chicken fingers1 red bell pepper (diced)1/2 onions (large, diced)2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed)2 cans tomatoes (with diced green chilis)1 can cream style corn1 cup frozen corn2 cans cream of chicken soup2 cans enchilada sauce3 cups milk
- 1. Place chicken in bottom of the slow cooker. I used frozen chicken and did not thaw it. Add all other ingredients except cream soup, enchilada sauce and milk.
- 2. Stir those last 3 ingredients together and pour over others in slow cooker. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- 3. Top with shredded pepper jack cheese and serve with tortilla chips.
- *In the doubled recipe, the 2 cans of tomatoes with green chilies gave the soup a nice kick. We liked that much heat, even the kids, but if your family doesn’t then substitute a can of diced tomatoes for 1 can of tomatoes with green chilies.
- This made enough for my family of 6 to have dinner twice. I froze the leftovers for the second meal.