Slapfish Ultimate Lobster Roll
Prep ahead:1 large pot boiling water with lidkitchen scissorshammerdish towelbowl of ice and waterIngredients:2 Live lobsters – roughly 1-1 ¼ lb each4 T mayonnaise1 Lemon – zested and juiced1 t Chives4 Split-top butter rollsSeasoning mix for finishing:1 t Paprika1/2 t Celery salt
- 1. Cooking the lobsters: Once the pot of water is boiling submerge both lobsters in boiling water and cover with the lid.
- Boil the lobsters for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the boiling water and place in bowl of ice.
- Cool lobster until cold enough to handle.
- 2. Breaking the lobster down: Remove the tail, arms (knuckles and claws), and legs from the lobster.
- Set the body aside to make soup or stock.
- Place a towel over the arm meat and gently crack with a hammer until the shell reveals the meat. Further remove the shell with scissors until the meat can be pulled entirely from the lobster.
- For the tail meat, cut down the back-underside of the lobster and pull the meat from the tail.
- 3. To finish: Once the meat is removed, dice into large chunks and place in a bowl.
- Toss the lobster meat with mayo, the zest from one lemon, the juice from the lemon and chives. Meanwhile, toast the split top butter rolls.
- Pack the lobster meat into the rolls and serve right away.
- Season with the paprika-celery salt mix at the last minute dusting over the rolls.