Learn from the Bacon Master, Chef Jay Bogsinske, as he reveals his mouthwatering signature bacon rubs.
Take a pound or two of Smithfield Farmland Log Smoked Bacon and lay the strips on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Lightly dust bacon with a shaking of your favorite spice rub. Saint Marc’s favorite is Apple Pie. Turn bacon and dust the other side. Bake for 14-18 minutes in a 325 degree oven on low convection. The aroma and flavor is intoxicating!
BBQ Spice Bacon Rub
This BBQ spice rub is sure to make any breakfast, lunch or dinner a notch above the rest.
1 T Chili powder1 t Ground cumin1 T Cayenne pepper1 T Mustard powder1 T Worcestershire Sauce1 t Ginger powder1 T Smoked paprika1 T Brown sugar1 T Garlic powder1 T Onion powder1 T Celery salt
- Combine ingredients in a dry blender, food processor or coffee grinder and blend for 30 seconds.
- Put mixture onto a parchment lined sheet pan and spread out.
- Bake for 3 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Cool completely then reblend.
- Put spice mix into powdered sugar shaker.