Courtesy of Kim Fuqua
Tomatoes and eggs cooked in delicious curry-seasoned oil, served with fresh sliced bread to soak up all of the delicious sauce. For an instructional video, visit this link.
Tomatoes and eggs cooked in delicious curry-seasoned oil, served with fresh sliced bread to soak up all of the delicious sauce.
2 heirloom or Roma tomatoes, evenly chopped into large chunks¼ cup olive oil1 Tbsp curry powderFresh cracked black pepperSea Salt3 eggsChives (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season oil with curry powder, pepper and salt. Once the oil begins to sizzle, shake up your pan to mix the ingredients into the oil, and turn heat down to medium.
- Add tomatoes and toss in oil, coating evenly. Continue cooking and tossing tomatoes until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Move tomatoes to one side of the skillet, allowing the oil to drain to the other side. Crack three eggs right on top of the oil. Turn heat back up to medium-high, and cover. Cook until eggs are done to your liking.
- Gently slide the tomato and egg mixture onto a plate. Sprinkle with chives, pepper and salt. Serve with fresh sliced bread.