Contributed by: Chef Cliff Pleau
Seasons Pumpkin Pie Mini Indulgence
Seasons Pumpkin Pie Mini Indulgence taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- Pumpkin mousse
- 1 1/2 C Pumpkin puree (see below)
- 3 T Unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 C Brown sugar
- 1/4 C Maple syrup
- 1 t Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 t Ginger powder
- 1/4 t Ground cloves
- 3 oz Egg white, pasteurized liquid
- 1/2 C Milk
- 1/2 C Cream
- 1 box Ginger snap cookies
- Pumpkin Puree
- One small pumpkin (3 lbs)
- Pumpkin Puree
- Cut pumpkin in two pieces and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Place cut side down on a greased baking tray and bake at 325°F for one hour until tender (cooking time depends on pumpkin size). Let cool.
- Scrape out the pulp and place in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Pumpkin Mousse
- Combine all the ingredients except the egg whites in a large bowl, and mix them well to incorporate.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into the filling mixture. Pour into a greased glass baking dish and bake until a toothpick inserted halfway between the center and edge of the pie comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Put cooled pumpkin pie mousse filling into a bowl and stir until smooth. Add filling to pastry bag and set aside.
- Grind ginger snaps in a food processor to a granular consistency. (Save a few whole cookies for decorations.)
- Take your favorite shot glass (cordial glass or miniature glass serving vessel) and add some ginger snap crumbs to the bottom.
- Grab the pastry bag and pipe some mousse filling over the ginger snap crumbs. Add more ginger snap crumbs on top of the filling to make a second layer. Garnish with whipped cream and a whole ginger snap cookie.