Sea Rocket Bistro Deconstructed Banh Mi
Sea Rocket Bistro Deconstructed Banh Mi taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
Pork2 lbs Pork belly – skin removed2 Tbsp Rice vinegar2 Tbsp Dark soy2 Tbsp Sugar2 cloves Garlic – minced1/2 Tbsp Hoisin1/2 tsp 5 spice2 Tbsp Honey1 bunch Cilantro – rough chop2 stalks Lemongrass – chopped1/4 c Chili paste3 Green onions – chopped2 Limes – juiced1 Tbsp Sesame oilSauce1/4 c Soy sauce1 c Orange juice2 T Lime juice8 cloves Garlic – minced1 bunch Green onion – chopped1 T Fresh ginger – diced1 T Black pepper1 c Sugar1/4 c Brown sugar1/2 c Chili paste1 bunch Cilantro – rough chopWhipped Jalapeno Syrup2 c Jalapeno juice1/4 c Sugar1 Tbsp Salt1 Tbsp Versawhip (soy protein stabilizer)Pickled Vegetables1 lg Carrot – cut into match sticks 2 inches long1 lb Daikon – cut into match sticks 2 inches long1 t Salt2 t and 1/2 c Sugar1 1/4 c Distilled vinegar1 c WaterBread107.5 g Warm water6.5 g Fresh yeast2 g Sugar235 g Unbleached AP flour2 g Kosher salt27.5 g Melted butterSandwich Assembly2 Hothouse cucumbers – cut in half and sliced thin on mandolinGarlic aioliCilantro sprigs2 Jalapeno – thinly sliced rings
- Combine all ingredients in metal bowl and marinate pork for at least 4 hours.
- Put immersion circulator in water bath and preheat water to 150 degrees F.
- Pull pork from marinade and vacuum seal with a little excess marinade.
- Place bags of pork into bath and cook sous vide for 24 hours.
- Remove from water bath and dump contents of bag into a hotel pan. Place another hotel pan on top of meat with some weight and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut pork into 1-in pieces.
- Combine all ingredients and reduce to desired thickness on low heat. Should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain with fine strainer.
- Whipped Jalapeno Syrup
- Put jalapeno juice, sugar and salt in pot and reduce until consistency of maple syrup.
- Cool to room temp and transfer to Kitchenaid mixer bowl.
- Add versawhip and whisk on medium high speed for about 12 minutes or until the consistency of a melted marshmallow.
- Pickled Vegetables
- Mix carrots and daikon with salt and 2 t sugar and mix with hands for about 3 minutes until carrots bend without breaking.
- Mix water, vinegar, and rest of sugar and heat up in a pot until sugar dissolves.
- Pour liquid over carrots and daikon and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix yeast, sugar and warm water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and butter. Knead dough for 10 minutes, put in a covered bowl in warm place for 25 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge and put in warm place.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough 1/16 inch thick, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares, and bake for 6 minutes.
- Cool on rack at room temp.
- Sandwich Assembly
- Get a nonstick pan hot and cook pork cubes on all sides until crispy all around. Add some sauce to the pan and reduce a little so that the pork has a nice coat all around.
- Place pork, pickled vegetables, bread, garlic aioli, jalapeno slice, and cilantro onto cucumber slice and roll up.
- Put a drop of the whipped jalapeno on the top and enjoy.