Scallops with a MicroGreen Salad with Watermelon-Champagne Vinaigrette
Scallop & MicroGreen Salad with Watermelon-Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 package Fresh Origins Micro Rainbow Mix
- 6 Medium Scallops
- Watermelon – 6 small slices
- Dried Pineapple – 6 small chunks
- 1 C Parmesan Cheese – shredded
- 1 T Feta Cheese – small chunks
- 1 t Pine Nuts – toasted
- 1/2 Avocado
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Ground Coriander – TT
- 1 T Vegetable Oil
- 4 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Rose Champagne
- 2 T Watermelon Juice
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 1 T White Wine Vinegar
- 1 T Honey
- Salt, Pepper – TT
- 1 pound dry sea scallops, approximately 13
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
- Pine nuts:
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small sheet pan, add pine nuts & drizzle with oil. Roast for a few minutes, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice watermelon into triangles, that have a base to stand up
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Add the butter and oil to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on high heat. Salt and pepper the scallops. Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.