Scallops with a MicroGreen Salad with Watermelon-Champagne Vinaigrette
Scallop & MicroGreen Salad with Watermelon-Champagne Vinaigrette
Salad:1 package Fresh Origins Micro Rainbow Mix6 Medium ScallopsWatermelon – 6 small slicesDried Pineapple – 6 small chunks1 C Parmesan Cheese – shredded1 T Feta Cheese – small chunks1 t Pine Nuts – toasted1/2 AvocadoSalt, Pepper, Paprika, Ground Coriander – TT1 T Vegetable OilVinaigrette:4 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil2 T Rose Champagne2 T Watermelon Juice1 T Lemon Juice1 T White Wine Vinegar1 T HoneySalt, Pepper – TTScallops1 pound dry sea scallops, approximately 132 teaspoons unsalted butter2 teaspoons olive oilKosher saltFreshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
- Pine nuts:
- Preheat oven to 350. In a small sheet pan, add pine nuts & drizzle with oil. Roast for a few minutes, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice watermelon into triangles, that have a base to stand up
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Add the butter and oil to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on high heat. Salt and pepper the scallops. Once the fat begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.