Sautéed Mussels with Tomato Broth
Pan sautéed Carlsbad mussels in fresh tomato broth and house-made marinara with sourdough garlic toast.
14 Mussels2 T Pomace olive oil2 T Shallots – minced1 T Garlic -minced1 t Kosher salt1/2 t Black pepper1 Pinch Red chili flake – Crushed1/4 C White wine1/2 C Shrimp stock1/4 C Marinara sauce4 T Unsalted butter (1/4 stick)1 T Basil – julienned1 t Parsley – chopped2 slices Garlic bread – toasted
- Heat a sauté pan over a medium high flame.
- Add olive oil to the pan and heat.
- Add the mussels, shallots, garlic, crushed red chilis, salt and pepper and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the shrimp stock and marinara. Cover the pan.
- Once the mussels are open, remove the cover and allow the sauce to reduce by half.
- Once the sauce is reduced, add the butter and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Remove the sauté pan from the stove, add the basil and parsley and toss. Place the mussels in a serving
- bowl, meat facing up.
- Place toasted garlic bread slices over the top of the mussels in the center of the dish.