Roasted Yam Puree
Fun entree made with a Bernzomatic torch
6 yams, washed and dried4 tbsp. butter, softened½ cup cream2 cup marshmallows, cut in halfKosher saltFresh ground black pepperBernzomatic torch
- Place yams on a large uncoated cookie sheet, and using a Bernzomatic torch, toast and char all over, then roast in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Peel charred skin from yams and place yam pulp in food processor.
- Puree smooth, then place in medium sauce pot. Add butter and cream and heat puree over low to medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into heat-proof serving dish, then top with cut marshmallows.
- Toast marshmallows with Bernzomatic torch until golden brown.