Roasted Lavender Honey Chicken recipe with Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas
A succulent, healthy spring dish to brighten up anyone’s dinner that incorporates lavender and honey.
- 1 Whole Chicken clean and dried 2.5-3 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1/2 cup of dried lavender flowers
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make a paste with the ingredients.
- Then rub the chicken in and outside and under the skin generously.
- Roasted at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Take it out from the oven and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- For the sugar peas- use 8 oz. of sugar peas, 1 medium shallot- finely chopped, 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, salt to taste.
- Blanche the snap peas in salted water for about 1 minute just to change color shuck them in ice water.
- Then sauté with butter and finely chopped shallots and a little salt.