Contributed by: Restaurateur Francis Schott
A shockingly delicious and refreshing cocktail featuring fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice1 1/2 oz simple syrup*2 oz water3/4 oz Averna brand amaro*Simple Syrup: Equal parts by volume sugar dissolved in water.
- Fill tall glass 3/4 with crushed ice.
- Place a long straw in the glass.
- In a shaker glass, combine water, lemon juice, simple syrup and regular ice.
- Shake and strain into prepared glass, leaving a 1/2-inch collar at the top.
- Slowly pour Averna so that it mostly lingers on top. (This is called a float of Averna. Do it in front of a crowd and it’s quite a show.)