Raya Tomato Watermelon Salad
Raya Tomato Watermelon Salad taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
JALEPENO DRESSING6 Jalapenos – fried, peeled, de-seeded2 bunches Watercress – blanched1Garlic Clove3 T Parmesan Cheese – grated2 T Mirin1/2 C Rice Vinegar3 Large Egg Yolks1.5 C Oil Blend – olive/corn2 Limes – juicedSalt and black pepper – to tasteWHIPPED REQUESON CHEESE1 1/4 C Requeson Cheese3/4 C Heavy creamSalt and black pepper – to tasteTEMPURA BATTER1/2 C Corn Starch1/2 C Cake Flour1 T Baking PowderPinch Sea SaltPICKLED SHALLOTS1 lb White Onions – sliced2 Habaneros – thinly sliced1 T Mexican Oregano1 C Sugar1 C Salt1.5 qtsWhite VinegarTO SERVEOrganic Watermelons – as neededHeirloom Tomatoes – as neededSalt and pepper – to tasteSquash Blossoms, Garlic Flowers, Pickled Shallots, Lemon Basil or LimeBasil- to garnish1/6 avocado wedge – tempura last minute
- JALEPENO DRESSING
- In blender, add everything but oil. Slowly drizzle oil into the blender while running until thick and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. May need a little bit more lime juice.
- WHIPPED REQUESON CHEESE
- Add everything together to a blender until smooth. Taste and season.
- TEMPURA BATTER
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add bubbly water so batter is not too thin or too thick – like pancake batter.
- Keep cold – on ice or in cooler. Should be made last minute.
- PICKLED SHALLOTS
- Mix all together and let sit for 12 hours. The longer they marinate the better they are!
- TO SERVE
- Cube watermelons and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper
- Spread jalapeno dressing on bottom of plate.
- Mix together fresh squash blossoms, garlic flowers, pickled shallots, lemon basil or lime basil if you can find it. Place on top of tomatoes and watermelon.
- Add quenelles of requeson as shown and place avocado.