Contributed by: Cookbook/Recipe Author Weston Table
Queso de Cabra con Salsa de Tomate y Basil
Obsessed with Spanish tapas and sangria, the entire clan loves this dish. To make certain there are leftovers for lunch the next day, double the recipe and use a cast iron skillet to make this oven to table Spanish tapa.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 20 leaves basil, chiffonade
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- Pinch of red chile flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette, sliced and warmed
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Mix the tomatoes, basil, garlic, and red chile flakes together. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Pour the sauce into an 8-inch shallow, heavy bottomed, oven proof vessel. Pinch goat cheese over the top of sauce.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbling hot.
- 5. Remove from the oven and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with a sliced baguette and additional basil leaves for garnish.