Contributed by: Cookbook/Recipe Author Weston Table
Queso de Cabra con Salsa de Tomate y Basil
Obsessed with Spanish tapas and sangria, the entire clan loves this dish. To make certain there are leftovers for lunch the next day, double the recipe and use a cast iron skillet to make this oven to table Spanish tapa.
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes20 leaves basil, chiffonade6 ounces goat cheese1 clove of garlic, finely mincedPinch of red chile flakesKosher salt and freshly ground black pepperExtra virgin olive oil1 baguette, sliced and warmed
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Mix the tomatoes, basil, garlic, and red chile flakes together. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Pour the sauce into an 8-inch shallow, heavy bottomed, oven proof vessel. Pinch goat cheese over the top of sauce.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbling hot.
- 5. Remove from the oven and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with a sliced baguette and additional basil leaves for garnish.