Pumpkin Cranberry Bars are a well blended flavorful dessert that can be taken as an on the go snack as well. Also makes for a delicious quick breakfast.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bars
Pumpkin cranberry bars are a delicious on the go treat or dessert.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking spice (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves etc.)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, baking spice and salt. Stir in cranberries; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer beat together eggs, sugar and oil; add pumpkin puree and mix until just blended. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 11″ pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add powdered sugar and vanilla. Drizzle in milk, stirring until you have a smooth mixture.
- Cut the bars and place them on a cooling rack over a piece of parchment paper. Drizzle with the powdered sugar frosting and let set for a few minutes.