Pork Ragu taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 1 Pork shoulder and 1 Rack of spare ribs – (roughly 7lbs meat)
- 2 Carrots – peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Celery stalks – peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Leek stalk – peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Onion – peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 C White wine
- 8 qts Chicken stock – rough measure
- 4 Black peppercorns
- 5 Coriander seeds
- 4 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 3 Garlic cloves – smashed
- 3 C Mirepoix – one cup each of celery, carrots and onion
- Salt the pork shoulder and ribs over night. The next day wash salt off and pat the meat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sear the meat in a hot pan over high heat until there’s a nice brown color on all sides, then remove. In the same pan over medium high heat, add chopped carrot, celery, leek, onion and white wine to deglaze the pan. Let reduce for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add meat back into the pot. Add enough chicken stock to cover the ingredients in the pot (roughly 8 quarts). Add the peppercorns, coriander seed, thyme, rosemary and garlic.
- Cover and braise in the oven for about 3 hours, until the meat pulls apart.
- Remove from the oven then strain stock making sure to discard the vegetables. Shred meat and reserve fat. Add fat to hot pan until sizzled down to render fat. Add mirepoix and slowly saute. Add shredded meat and stock back into the pot. Serve atop of pappardelle or pasta of choice. Optional