Pistachio Encrusted Halibut
Pistachio Encrusted Halibut taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
Fish1 C Chopped pistachios1 C Coarse breadcrumbs1/2 t Kosher salt1/8 t Freshly ground black pepper2 Eggs – beaten1/2 C All-purpose flour4 Skinless fillets halibut – 5 oz each1/4 C Extra virgin olive oilPapaya Relish1 Large papaya1/4 Red bell pepper – coarsely chopped1/4 Green bell pepper – coarsely chopped1 Jalapeno pepper – seeded and minced2 T Chopped fresh cilantro1 1/2 t Fresh lime juice1 1/2 t Orange juice1/2 t Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pistachios, bread crumbs, salt and pepper together in a shallow baking dish, stir to combine.
- Place eggs in dish and flour in another dish.
- Take each portion of halibut and dredge only the top side in flour, then eggs, then pistachio/bread crumb mixture, being careful to dredge the top side only.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan to medium heat. Place breaded side of fish in hot oil and sear until golden brown; approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip fish gently so breaded side of fish is on top, and finish in oven for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Papaya Relish
- Peel, split, and seed papaya; chop coarsely.
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve over grilled fish such as ahi tuna, swordfish; also grilled chicken.