Pineapple Marinated Grilled Chicken Sliders
Pineapple Marinated Grilled Chicken Sliders taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
For the chicken:1/2 C Pineapple juice1/2 C Soy sauce1/4 C Packed honey3 T Red wine vinegar4 Scallions – trimmed and minced4 med Garlic cloves – finely chopped, about 2 T1/2 t Freshly ground black pepper2 lb Boneless, skinless Foster Farms fresh chicken thighs – about 62 T canola, grapeseed, or peanut oil, plus more for grillingFor the sliders:1/2 ripe pineapple – peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings1 med Red onion – trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch rings12 slider buns (such as King’s Hawaiian bread or Trader Joe’s mini burger buns)1/3 C Good-quality mayonnaise4 T Chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)1 med Ripe avocado (optional)
- Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, scallions, garlic and pepper in a medium nonreactive bowl.
- Whisk until completely incorporated, add chicken, turn to coat in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Brush a grill pan with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Then heat over medium heat.
- Brush the pineapple and onions with additional oil.
- Then grill until golden and grill marks are visible, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Quarter the pineapple pieces when done.
- Then set onions and pineapple aside on a plate.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken until the juices run clear when pierced, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board, and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm and rest.
- Meanwhile, split each slider roll.
- Then lightly brush the insides with oil before toasting on the grill surface (brushed-side down) for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and chile-garlic sauce in a bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Slice the avocado into 6 slices on each half, cut crosswise (across the shortest length).
- To serve, spread each roll with a thin layer of the chile-garlic mayonnaise.
- Slice each thigh in half.
- Top each bun with a piece of chicken and, as desired, pineapple, onion and avocado, and serve.