Pickled Salmon With Purple Onion Salmon Cream
Pickled Salmon With Purple Onion Salmon Cream tastes great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
Pickled Salmon1 Salmon Filet, skin off1/2 cup Brown Sugar1/2 C Kosher SaltSalmon Pickling Liquid2 C Water2 C White Wine Vinegar1/2 C Sugar (white)1/2 C Kosher Salt2 Onions – slicedPurple Onion1 White Onion2 Roasted Red Beets1 C Salmon Pickling LiquidSalmon Cream1/4 C Creme Fraiche1/4 C Cream Cheese
- Pickled Salmon
- Clean salmon of any grey meat or blood line.
- Mix together brown sugar and 1/2 cup salt.
- Place a layer of the salt/sugar mix on a sheet of plastic wrap. Place the salmon on top and then cover with the remaining salt/sugar mix and wrap up in the plastic. Place in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours.
- Salmon Pickling Liquid
- In a pot, bring the water, vinegar, white sugar, 1/2 cup salt, and onions to a boil. Then cool.
- Remove salmon from the cure and wash off all salt/sugar.
- Place the salmon in the cooled pickling liquid overnight.
- Purple Onion
- Slice onions as thin as possible.
- Grate the beets and mix with the onions.
- Bring the pickling liquid to a boil and pour over the onion/beet mixture.
- Allow to steep in the liquid until cool and the onions have been stained purple.
- Salmon Cream
- Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- Blend cream cheese and creme fraiche together.
- Plate pickled salmon with marinated fingerling potatoes, beets, onions, salmon cream, rye puree (optional), smoked salmon roe and dill as shown. Serve with rye bread.