Pastelon Sweet Plantain Lasagna
Pastelon Sweet Plantain Lasagna taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
1 lb Ground beef1 T Cumin1 T Oregano1 Small onion – diced4 cloves Garlic – diced1/4 t Salt or adobo seasoning1 T Tomato paste or ketchup1/2 C Chopped cilantro1/2 C Raisins (optional)1/2 C Olives – sliced (optional)1/2 C Corn/vegetable oil6-8 Sweet plantains – yellow, ripe1 lb Mozzarella cheese2 Eggs – beaten1/4 C Unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season ground meat with cumin, garlic, onions, tomato paste, cilantro and salt.
- Mix all together with your hands. (Here you can add raisins and/or olives if you’d like.)
- In a frying pan saute ground meat with a tablespoon of oil and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender and brown.
- Set aside.
- Peel and cut plantains into long vertical slices.
- About 4-6 slices per plantain.
- Deep fry the slices of plantain in a separate frying pan until golden brown but not too crispy.
- Blot excess oil from plantains by setting them on paper towels.
- Set aside.
- Layering of dish:
- Grease baking pan with butter, sprinkle with a pinch of flour, and shake to remove excess flour.
- Add a layer of fried plantains to cover entire pan.
- Then add a layer of ground meat.
- Add layer of cheese.
- Add another layer of fried plantains etc.
- Continue adding layers until the entire baking pan is covered.
- Your last layer should be plantains topped with cheese.
- Beat 2 eggs together and pour over entire dish.
- Add slices of butter to top of dish.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees.
- During the last 10 minutes take off the foil to brown the top.
- Serve hot, cut in square slices and serve with white rice, avocados and green salad