Courtesy ofWhole Foods Market
This irresistible snack mix is a perfect combination of salty and sweet. Toasted nuts, dried fruit and cubes of Parmigiano-Reggiano combine for a fantastic party appetizer or even as fuel for a long hike.
Per Serving:Serving size: about 1/3 cup, 230 calories (140 from fat), 16g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 9g protein
Parmigiano Reggiano Party Mix
Toasted nuts, dried fruit and cubes of Parmigiano-Reggiano combine for a fantastic party appetizer or even as fuel for a long hike.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 5 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup prunes, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread almonds on a large rimmed baking sheet and toast until crisp and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, spread hazelnuts on a separate large rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Wrap hazelnuts in a clean dish towel and rub them together to remove skins. Set nuts aside until cool enough to handle.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, hazelnuts, cheese, apricots, figs and prunes and toss. Keep at room temperature in a cool, dark place for up to 3 days or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.