Paella Valenciana taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1 C Green bell pepper – diced
- 1 C Onion – diced
- 2 cloves Garlic – slivered
- 1 C Tomato puree
- 2 T Olive oil
- 8 oz Rabbit – cut into 4 pieces
- 8 oz Chicken – cut into 4 pieces
- 8 oz Prawns – head on
- 12 ea Romano beans
- 3/4 C Sofrito
- 1 tsp Saffron threads
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 C Garrafon (butter) beans – cooked
- 4 1/2 C Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C Bomba rice
- 4 ea Piquillo peppers
- Salt & Pepper
- Lightly saute the green peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add the tomato puree, season with salt and pepper and gently simmer over low heat until the mixture has reduced by half.
- Heat the olive oil in a paella pan over medium heat. Brown the rabbit and chicken pieces on both sides, and then move them to the edges of the pan.
- Next, add the prawns and lightly color them on both sides. Season all of the meats with salt, and then add the romano beans, sofrito, smoked paprika and saffron. Stir everything together to evenly coat all of the ingredients. Add the broth and garrafon beans and bring the liquid to a simmer. Sprinkle the rice evenly over the top of the paella, making sure that all of the rice is submerged in the broth.
- After fifteen minutes, add the piquillo peppers as a garnish. Continue simmering over medium heat until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and allow it rest for five minutes. Serve from the pan with lemon wedges.