Contributed by: VINeleven at Marriott Napa Valley - Napa
Spank Me Basil Much
Garden basil cocktail infused with organic vodka, fresh squeezed grapefruit and Saint Germain liqueur
- 1.5 oz Hanson Organic Vodka
- 1 oz freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- ½ oz Saint Germain
- ¾ oz basil simple syrup
- 3 basil leaves, spanked
- Basil Simple Syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 1 cup water
- Combine ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a gentle boil and then turn off.
- Cool, strain and keep sealed in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- “Spanking” basil leaves once in the palm of your hands releases the aromatics.
- Combine basil and remaining ingredients except grapefruit juice into a shaker cup with ice and shake well to chill.
- Strain over ice, add grapefruit juice and a basil leaf for garnish.