Mini Bacon Batter Corn Dogs with Special Sauce
Mini Bacon Batter Corn Dogs with Special Sauce taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 8 hot dogs, grilled (or cooked in skillet until charred) and cut in half
- 1/2 cup flour extra to douse hot dogs in
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Saucy Mama Hatch Chili or Chipotle Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup well shaken butter milk
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 16 wooden skewers
- FOR SAUCE: 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Saucy Mama Hatch Chili Mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a medium bowl combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, bacon, sugar, chili powder, cayenne, and baking powder.
- Stir in the egg, buttermilk, mustard and honey.
- Preheat oil in a deep, heavy bottomed pan until it reaches 350 degrees (F).
- Insert the skewers into the end of each cut hotdog, roll in flour (shake off any excess), then roll in the batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time, keeping a close eye they don’t get too brown (they should be done in about 2 or 3 minutes).
- Place corn dogs on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- TO MAKE SAUCE: Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl and serve with corn dogs.