Mini Bacon Batter Corn Dogs with Special Sauce
Mini Bacon Batter Corn Dogs with Special Sauce taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
8 hot dogs, grilled (or cooked in skillet until charred) and cut in half1/2 cup flour extra to douse hot dogs in1/2 cup cornmeal1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon black pepper4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled2 tablespoons sugar1 tablespoon honey1 tablespoon Saucy Mama Hatch Chili or Chipotle Mustard1/2 teaspoon chili powder1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper2 teaspoons baking powder1 egg1/2 cup well shaken butter milk1 quart vegetable oil16 wooden skewersFOR SAUCE: 2 tablespoons sour cream2 tablespoons Saucy Mama Hatch Chili Mustard2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a medium bowl combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, bacon, sugar, chili powder, cayenne, and baking powder.
- Stir in the egg, buttermilk, mustard and honey.
- Preheat oil in a deep, heavy bottomed pan until it reaches 350 degrees (F).
- Insert the skewers into the end of each cut hotdog, roll in flour (shake off any excess), then roll in the batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time, keeping a close eye they don’t get too brown (they should be done in about 2 or 3 minutes).
- Place corn dogs on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- TO MAKE SAUCE: Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl and serve with corn dogs.