Contributed by: Chef Ida Rodriguez
Passion Fruit Sauce Over Chicken & Rice
From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
4 Chicken Breasts – boned skinned and pounded out to 1/4 inch thick2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil2 T Butter1 Salt and Pepper – to taste1 T Sugar6 T Pineapple Juice1 T Organic Limes juice4 large Passion Fruits – pulp & seeds
- Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and 1/2 of the butter.
- Brown chicken 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer chicken to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour out excess oil from pan, quite a bit of the fat content is removed here.
- Deglaze Pan over low heat by adding pineapple juice and lime juice.
- Add sugar. Remove from heat; add passion fruit & other 1/2 of butter.
- Serve chicken over steamed rice and top with sauce.