Masala Mashed Potatoes
Here’s a recipe to help you make delicious, Indian-influenced Thanksgiving sides at home!
4T oil6-8 boiled, grated Idaho potatoes2 medium white onion, diced2 tsp cumin seeds2 Tbsp. minced ginger4 Tbsp. minced garlic1 Tbsp. minced chilies6 Tbsp. butter¼ tsp turmericSalt
- Heat oil till shimmering over medium heat.
- Bloom cumin seeds and add diced onion with a pinch of salt. Stir in ginger, garlic and chili. Continue to cook over medium low heat until onions are soft and cooked through.
- Add in turmeric, butter and more salt.
- Stir in grated potato and mix thoroughly and continue over medium heat until heated through.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.