Contributed by: Mixologist Patrick Reynolds
Manaw a Trois
Translated, Manawa means “lemon” in Thai. In this Thai-inspired cocktail, lemons are used three ways. The balanced flavors remind the palate of Thai food:
- Basil Leaves
- Yellow Jalepeno
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Oil
- Thai influenced cold pressed syrup:
- 1 cup ginger
- 2 cups lemongrass
- 4 cups lemon cucumber
- 20 lemon basil leaves
- 1/2 cup yellow jalepeno
- 4 cups sugar
- Chop and combine ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, then strain.
- Mix with:
- 1 oz cold pressed syrup
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz gin (TRU Gin from Greenbar Craft Distillery recommended)
- A dash of lemon oil
- Shake ingredients together and strain.
- Garnish with cilantro and fresh lemon verbena.