Contributed by: Chef Tom Hope, TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Brea, TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Corona, TAPS Fish House & Brewery - Irvine
Maiale Pizza Dough
Maiale Pizza is a delicious, spicy, signature pizza of Chef Tom Hope and TAPS Fish House & Brewery here in Southern California consisting of Bacon, fennel sausage, salami, quanchale, tomatoes, mozzarella and arabiatta sauce.
- 9.6 lb All-purpose flour
- 6 1/2 qt Water – warmed and separated
- 3 oz Wheat germ
- 6 oz Rye flour
- 3 oz Active Dry Yeast
- 9.6 lb Caputo flour
- 6 T Barley malt
- Put 1 oz of yeast into 5 1/2 qts of warm water reserving 1 qt for later.
- Weigh out 9.6 lbs of Caputo flour and add wheat germ and rye flour.
- Add and combine the yeast mixture with flour in a large mixing bowl for 1 minute on low speed.
- Finish the dough by adding 1 qt of warm water, all purpose flour and Barley Malt.
- Mix for another 7 minutes.
- Weigh the dough in boles of 10 ozs.