Master Pastry Chef Rudi WiederHilton San Diego Bayfront
Rudi Wieder is the executive pastry chef at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Born and educated in Germany, he has worked in Germany, Switzerland, Bermuda, United Arab Emirates and Canada. He spent several years with Marriott in San Diego but also in Cairo and Aman, Jordan. The master pastry chef creates chocolate and sugar sculptures along with chocolates and confections.
His desserts include Bourbon Vanilla Creme Brulee with passion fruit jelly and fresh raspberry on a chocolate skewer and Chevre Cheesecake on a crunchy walnut cookie crust with caramel-balsamic sauce and fresh strawberries.
Lemon Rosemary Pernot Sorbet
Lemon Rosemary Pernot Sorbet taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
Juice and zest from 6 lemons600 grams sugar26 grams pectin150 grams trimoline *32 grams fresh rosemary, leaves only800 milliliters lemon juice12 bottles waterPernot, to taste, flavor is strong
- Combine all ingredients in stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Strain through a chinois.
- Process in ice cream maker.
- Invert sugar paste, very thick and used to prevent crystallization.
- Can be made by adding 1 gram fresh lemon juice to 1 kilogram of sugar, then boiling for 20 minutes.