Looking for the perfect gluten-free and grain-free recipes to keep you healthy while your family and friends keep asking for more? Jam-packed with recipes that don’t skimp on nutrition or taste, The Paleo Foodie Cookbook is your one-stop destination for delicious Paleo fare.
Khoresht Lubia Sabz (Persian Green Bean Stew)
Looking for the perfect gluten-free and grain-free recipes to keep you healthy while your family and friends keep asking for more?
2 tbsp/30 g ghee1 cup/150 g onion, diced3 garlic cloves, minced¼ tsp turmeric1 lb/454 g stew meat, cut into 1-inch/2-cm cubes½ tsp sea salt¼ tsp pepper2 tbsp/30 ml tomato paste¼ cup/40 g sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil, chopped2 cups/470 ml Beef Broth1 lb/455 g green beans, stems removed and cut into 1 ½ inch/3.8 cm pieces2 tbsp/30 ml fresh lemon juice
- Heat a skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Add the ghee and onions and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and turmeric and mix well.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Add to the skillet and brown on all sides.
- Add the tomato paste and sun-dried tomatoes, and mix well.
- Add the broth, cover and simmer on low for 1 hour.
- Add green beans and lemon juice and simmer for an additional 30 minutes uncovered, until green beans are soft but not soggy.