Courtesy of Whole Foods Market
Flavorful kale makes a superb base for an eggless Caesar salad in this easy recipe. Be sure to coat all the kale with the dressing; use your hands to do the job effectively.
Per Serving:130 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol,310mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 0g sugar), 4g protein
Kale Caesar Salad with Parmigiano Reggiano
Kale Caesar Salad with Parmigiano Reggiano taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish (about 1 ounce total)
- 1 (0.75-pound) bunch kale, stems and tough ribs removed, leaves thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, anchovies and garlic. Slowly whisk in oil until combined and thickened.
- Whisk in salt, pepper and grated cheese.
- Add kale and toss for a few minutes to coat all leaves well. Use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons of cheese for topping the salad.