Jarlsberg Cheese & Asparagus Tart
Jarlsberg Cheese & Asparagus Tart taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 2 cups Jarlsberg® Lite Cheese, shredded
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt, pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Roll out the puff pastry into a 16-by-10 inch rectangle, trimming uneven edges. Place on baking sheet. With a knife, lightly score the pastry dough 1-inch from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at ½-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove the pastry shell from the oven, and sprinkle with the shredded Jarlsberg® Cheese. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the pastry shell – arrange in a single layer over the Jarlsberg® Cheese, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, sprinkle thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, about 20 minutes.