Delicious vegan Jamica Tacos from Chef Bryan Bustos at El Mercado Modern Cuisine.
8oz Dry Hibiscus Flowers4 C Water1 Med. Shallot1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic1/2 Cup Frozen Green Peas1/4 Cup Grape-seed Oil1 Cubed Jicama1 Teaspoon Black Recado (Mexican chili condiment with smoky, strong and spicy flavor.)Avocado Slices for Garnish8 oz. Pea PuréeSesame SeedSalt/ Pepper8 Homemade Blue Corn Tortillas
- Bring to a boil Hibiscus Flowers and Water.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Re-dehydrated flowers
- Repeat steps 1 and 2, two more times.
- Sauté-Hibiscus flowers, Shallots, and Minced Garlic in small sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cubed Jicama with a pinch of Recado Negro and Salt to taste.
- Place about 1 oz. of Hibiscus flowers on ea tortilla.
- Add picked cilantro leaf or any fresh herb of your choice.
- Place two pieces of Jicama in ea taco for a refreshing crunch.
- Squirt two nickel sized drops of pea purée in each.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Cut and place 1 avocado slice.