Sometimes everyone needs a little pick-me-up with some comfort food, and that’s why we have mac & cheese! Do you want more than just a traditional mac & cheese? The Jalapeno Mac & Cheese from The Hudson packs a punch. The dish contains smoked jalapenos, roasted garlic and shallots, Parmesan cheese and a crunchy breadcrumb topping! And if that wasn’t enough, you can complete your meal by adding crab, smoked bacon, or short rib!
Jalapeno Mac & Cheese
Jalapeno Mac and Cheese
- The Hudson Mac & Cheese
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1.5 Cups Boiling Water
- .5 Cups powdered milk
- .25 oz unflavored gelatin
- 1.5 lbs of shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine everything into a blender and pulse on high until smooth and consistent.
- Set this aside and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Hudson Mac & Cheese (makes 4 servings)
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 24 oz cheese sauce (recipe above)
- 8g smoked jalapeno, diced
- 8g minced garlic
- 4g minced shallots
- 1 oz parmesan bread crumbs
- In a pot on the stovetop, boil the macaroni noodles until desired firmness is reached (Keep in mind that the noodles will cook a bit more through the rest of the process, so leave them a little firmer than you normally do.).
- Drain into a colander and reserve.
- In the original pot add the garlic, shallots, and smoked jalapeños on medium high heat.
- Simmer until the garlic and shallots become transparent, then add in the cheese sauce.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and consistent – then incorporate the macaroni noodles.
- Fold them in with a silicone spatula so the noodles don’t break.
- Once this is all complete, transfer into a baking dish.
- Evenly crumble parmesan bread crumbs onto the top.
- Place on the top rack (with the oven on high) for a couple of minutes until the top of the dish and the breadcrumbs are a nice golden brown color.