Huevos Rancheros Fresh Cranberry Beans taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
24 each corn tortillas, fried crispFire Roasted Salsa (recipe follows)Salsa Fresca (recipe follows)Braised Cranberry Beans (recipe follows)Twice Cooked Cranberry Beans (recipe follows)6 cups shredded romaine lettuce3 limes, juiced3 Tbsp.cilantro leaves, chopped24 each fresh eggsCalifornia Guacamole (recipe follows)3 each additional sliced Fresh California Avocados* and Salsa Fresca for garnishAs needed, olive oilCalifornia Guacamole12 large Fresh California Avocados*, peeled and seeded3 each lemons, juiced1 ½ each jalapeños, seeded and membrane removed, finely minced17 ¼ oz. tomatoes, small dice3 cloves garlic, finely minced13 ½ oz.red onion, small dice1 ½ cupscilantro leaves, washed, stemmed, finely choppedAs needed salt and black pepper to tasteFire Roasted Salsa15 ¾ oz. tomatoes3 each jalapeños27 oz. red onion, peeled¾ cup olive oil3 each limes, juicedAs needed, salt to tasteSalsa Fresca17 ¼ oz. tomatoes, small dice13 ½ oz. red onion, small dice1 ½ each jalapeño, seeded, membrane removed, minced⅜ cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped3 each limesAs needed, salt to tasteBraised Cranberry BeansAs needed olive oil6 cups fresh shelled cranberry beans, or other shelling bean9 oz. carrots, peeled, chopped into large chunks13 ½ oz. celery, chopped into large chunks27 oz. onion, chopped into large chunks3 heads of garlic, each cut in half1 ½ each lemons6 basil sprigsAs needed salt to tasteTwice Cooked Cranberry Beans9 Tbsp. olive oil27 oz. yellow onions, small dice6 cups Braised Cranberry Beans, in braising liquid (1 batch)3 pinches ground coriander3 pinches ground cuminAs needed salt to taste
- Per Order
- Coat the bottom of a sauté pan with Fire Roasted Salsa and Salsa Fresca and heat.
- For each serving top each of 2 crispy corn tortillas with the hot salsa and place on a warm serving plate, with the tortillas slightly overlapping.
- Top with hot Twice Cooked Cranberry Beans.
- Toss together romaine, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt. Place evenly over the beans.
- Coat the bottom of a sauté pan with olive oil and over medium heat cook the eggs
- Sunnyside up. Place over the romaine.
- Garnish the dish with the California Guacamole, additional sliced Fresh California
- Avocados and additional Salsa Fresca.
- California Guacamole
- In a bowl, coarsely mash the California Avocado and stir with half of the lemon juice.
- Add the jalapeño, tomato, garlic, red onion and cilantro, stir to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Season with remaining lemon juice as desired.
- Fire Roasted Salsa
- Coat the tomatoes, jalapeño and red onion with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a wood fired grill and grill until charred and cooked through. Remove from the grill (tomatoes will cook first, followed by the jalapeño and red onion).
- Chop the onion and tomato and place in blender. Cut the jalapeño in half; remove the seeds and white membrane and add the jalapeño flesh to the blender. Pureé.
- Season with lime juice and salt.
- Salsa Fresca
- Combine the tomato, red onion and jalapeño in a mixing bowl. Add the cilantro.
- Season with salt and lime juice. Chill.
- Braised Cranberry Beans
- Place the beans in a pot and add cold water, enough to cover the beans by 1 inch.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil.
- At the same time, in a sauté pan, coat the pan with olive oil reserving the rest of the olive oil for seasoning the cooked beans. Add the chopped carrot, celery and onion.
- Then add the garlic and sauté until all are browned. Add to the pot of beans.
- Reduce the heat on the beans to a low simmer and cook for about 1 hour until the beans are cooked through. Add water as necessary.
- Once the beans are cooked through, remove from the heat and season with salt, reserved olive oil and juice of the lemons. Crack the basil sprigs with the back of a chef knife and add to the beans. Allow beans to cool to room temperature and chill.
- Remove carrot, celery, onion, garlic and basil before preparing the Twice Cooked Cranberry Beans.
- Twice Cooked Cranberry Beans
- In a sauce pot, heat the olive oil then add the onion and salt, cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the cranberry beans and their liquid. Bring to a simmer and season with coriander and cumin. Transfer all to a food processor and pulse until the beans are partially puréed.
- *A large Fresh California Avocado weighs about 8 oz.