Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
A honey mustard marinade and sauce in one! The perfect chicken for your summer BBQ. Tender chicken with a flavorful honey dijon sauce.
2 lbs. Chicken Breast⅓ cup Mustard (Dijon, Stone Ground, Yellow, or any combination)⅓ cup Honey2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil (may use canola or vegetable)¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder1 teaspoon Salt1 teaspoon Pepper
- Place chicken breast in a large Ziploc bag. Using a fork, pierce small holes in the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour ½ of honey mustard marinade into bag with chicken. Set aside remaining honey mustard sauce to use to baste on the chicken. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat grill to medium or medium-high heat. Once the grill is heated, place chicken on the clean grill.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of chicken breast. The FDA recommends the internal temperature to be 165 degrees. The chicken will continue to cook for 1-2 minutes after removing from the grill.
- After turning the chicken one time, brush remaining honey mustard sauce all over chicken. After removing chicken from the grill, brush the second coat of sauce so it is completely covered.
- Let rest for several minutes before cutting so it stays nice and juicy.