Contributed by: Chef Debbi Dubbs
Hatch Chile Brownies
Fudgy Chewy Brownies with Hatch Chile flavor, hot or mild! Great with a glass of cold milk.
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt, use ½ teaspoon if using unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Hatch chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 lg. eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted (8 Tb)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- 2. Add all the ingredients to a large bowl in the order they are listed. Stir together and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- 3. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, or until just barely beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan, remove from oven and let cool.