Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy -easy comfort food that won’t break the bank! Rich mushroom gravy over tender hamburger steaks is a great weeknight dinner.
Hamburger Steaks1 pound lean ground beef2 tsp Worcestershire sauce1 1/2 Tbls olive oil , divided1/2 tsp salt1/2 tsp pepperMushroom gravy2 tsp olive oil8 oz mushrooms (crimini, or baby bella), sliced1 cup chicken stock2 tsp Worcestershire sauce1 Tbls flour1/2 tsp salt1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix together ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 Tbls olive oil, swirling to coat. Add hamburger patties, and cook for 3 minutes each side. Remove from the pan.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to the pan. Mix in mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are starting to brown.
- In a small bowl mix chicken stock and flour together.
- Add chicken stock mixture, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Add hamburger steaks back to the pan. Cook for 4 more minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve immediately.