Grilled Potato Salad
A fresh and savory grilled potato salad to compliment any BBQ entree
3 lbs. baby red potatoes½ cup celery, thinly sliced½ cup red onion, thinly sliced½ lb. good quality bacon1 cup crumbled blue cheese½ cup mayonnaise½ cup Dijon mustard2 tbs. sugar1/3 cup fresh parsley, choppedSalt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy and separate from rendered fat and set aside.
- In boiling, salted water, par cook the potatoes until soft but still a bit firm.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper to the reserved bacon fat and use this mixture to toss the potatoes in.
- Grill the potatoes on a hot grill until they get nice marks and the potatoes are soft.
- In a large bowl – whisk together mustard, mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Once potatoes are cool, add all ingredients together and toss lightly.
- Chill before serving.