Glass Noodle Spicy Shrimp Salad
Glass Noodle Spicy Shrimp Salad by Chef Saifon Plewtong at True Seasons Organic Kitchen. A delicious blend of crunch and spice.
- 2.8 oz Mung bean noodle (bean thread) – soaked in warm water for 2 min
- 8 Wild caught raw shrimp
- 8 Shallots – chopped
- 2 t Basil – approximately 8-10 small leaves. Thai basil is preferable
- 1 t Red chili pepper powder
- 2 t Fresh lime juice
- 2 t Sea salt
- 2 t Pomegranate juice
- 2 t Fresh garlic – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Red onion – coarsely chopped
- 2 t Green onion (white and green parts) – chopped
- 2 t Fresh cilantro
- 1/2 C Fresh carrot – julienned
- Place shrimp in pot of water and bring to boil.
- Cook shrimp for 1 minute, remove from boiling water and place in a large bowl.
- Use same pot of boiling water to cook glass noodles for 35 seconds.
- Reduce heat, drain noodles, and rinse with cold water, place in the bowl with cooked shrimp.
- Combine all prepped ingredients and add to noodles and shrimp.
- Mix well and serve.
- Adjust to taste with more lime juice, salt or extra spicy chili.