Your Thanksgiving Turkey might have to waddle out of the spotlight this year, thanks to Chef Amar’s best-selling Fried Brussels Sprouts recipe. Consider it a small token of our gratitude to you for your ongoing patronage and support. Happy Thanksgiving!
Fried Brussels Sprouts, Chinese Sausage and Cilantro Sweet and Sour
Enjoy a new and flavorful way to eat brussels sprouts with your turkey dinner this year.
- Fried Brussels Sprouts, Chinese Sausage, Cilantro & Sweet and Sour
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts Trimmed and cut in half
- 4 ea Sprigs of Cilantro
- 4 ea Chinese Sausage sliced thin
- 1 Cup sweet and sour sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 qt canola oil (or a small home fryer)
- 1 Cup sweet and sour (bought from the store)
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup fish sauce
- 2 Tb. sriracha
- Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Set your fryer at 350 f, drop Brussels sprouts and Chinese sausage, fry for about 45 seconds, and drain the excess oil. Toss with the sweet and sour sauce, add cilantro leaves and serve.
- Chef’s side note: You can sauté the Brussels sprouts with the Chinese sauce together for a healthier version, but it won’t be the same – frying gives you more caramelized flavor.