Foie Gras Over Cassoulet With Raspberry Sauce
Foie Gras Over Cassoulet With Raspberry Sauce taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe
Cassoulet6 C Dried white beans such as great northern or cannellini, picked over and rinsed2 sprigs Fresh parsley1 California bay leaf2 whole Cloves1/2 t Black peppercorns5 sprigs fresh thyme4Smoked ham hocks4 qt Water2 C Bacon bits – rendered4 C Onions – cut into 1/2-inch pieces3 C Carrots – cut into 1/2-inch pieces3 C celery – cut into 1/2-inch pieces2 T Garlic plus 2 cloves – halved & finely chopped2 T Grape seed oilChicken stock – as neededButter- as needed1 T Salt3/4 t Black pepperRaspberry reduction3 C Raspberries1/2C Water1 C Sugar
- Cover beans with cold water by 2 inches in a bowl and soak at room temperature at least 8 and up to 24 hours, or quick-soak. Drain well in a colander.
- Make a bouquet garni by wrapping parsley, bay leaf, cloves, peppercorns, and 2 sprigs thyme in cheesecloth and tying with kitchen string, then put in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot along with ham hocks and water. Simmer, uncovered, skimming froth occasionally,1 1/4 hours.
- Add beans, onions, carrot, and chopped garlic and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until beans are just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drain bean and ham hock mixture in a colander set over a large bowl (discard bouquet garni). Pull ham hock meat from bone and chop. Add to beans.
- Finish cassoulet off with a little chicken stock and butter, salt and pepper so it’s a little creamy.
- Raspberry Reduction
- In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan simmer raspberry and sugar in water, uncovered to desired consistency. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Sauce may be made a day ahead and chilled.
- To serve
- 1 lobe Hudson Valley foie gras – cut into 6-oz pieces
- Sear foie gras in a hot skillet until browned and crisp about 30 seconds, flip and do the same to the other side.Spoon the cassoulet into bowl and top with foie gras. Drizzle with raspberry reduction and garnish with microgreens.