Fleming’s Chocolate Lava Cake
Flemings Chocolate Lava Cake taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 3/4 lb. Butter – lightly salted
- 3/4 lb. Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 5 Eggs – whole
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Flour
- Cut butter and chocolate into small pieces then place in a mixing bowl. Set over top of a double boiler with simmering water. Heat the butter and chocolate until melted.
- While chocolate is melting, combine whole eggs and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and whip until slightly thick.
- Add sugar to eggs and whip for 1 minute to blend.
- Lightly whip the chocolate and the butter until smooth. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate and mix well. Fold in flour and combine well into chocolate mixture.
- Spread additional room temperature butter and flour in 6 small cups.Combine butter and flour making a smooth paste. Make sure to cover all areas in the cup.
- Fill each cup equally with batter to about half an inch from the top.
- Cook cake in 350 degree oven for 18 – 20 minutes until it is firm on top with a slight crust.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 1 – 2 minutes.Carefully tip cup onto a plate.Garnish with raspberry sauce or chocolate sauce, fresh berries, chopped pistachios, sea salt and vanilla ice cream (optional).