This American Summer Holidays guacamole is perfect for your celebration. Served in a watermelon bowl, this spicy Firecracker Guacamole is delicious.
1 Dulcinea PureHeart® Mini Seedless Watermelon8 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and coarsely mashed¼ cup minced green onions2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced4 habanero chiles, stemmed, seeded and minced (or less, to taste)2 Tbsp. lemon juiceSalt, to taste
- Roll the watermelon to find the flattest side; place that side on bottom. OR, slice a thin slice off of one narrow end of the watermelon so that it will stand flat.
- Slice the top third of the watermelon off.
- Wrap and set aside.
- Hollow out the red watermelon from the remaining watermelon section; reserve fruit for another use. A rice paddle works well for this task.
- Make sure all of the red part of the watermelon is removed.
- Pat dry with paper towels, then sprinkle with salt.
- Place upside down on a rimmed tray lined with paper towels and refrigerate overnight.
- For the guacamole, gently combine all ingredients in a medium serving bowl.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- With paper towels, rub inside of watermelon bowl to remove salt and thoroughly dry.
- Fill with Firecracker Guacamole, serve and enjoy!