Fire Toasted Corn Guacamole
2014 All-American Recipe Contest Grand Prize Winning Fire Toasted Corn Guacamole Recipe from Julie M. of MenuMusings.com
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled (large avocados recommended)
- ¼ cup prepared pico de gallo (I just grabbed a fresh carton in the produce section)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Optional – Cotija cheese for garnish
- Roast the corn and jalapeño over a gas stove or on a grill until blistered and charred on all sides. Be careful not to burn them.
- After cooling for a few minutes, cut the corn off of the cob.
- Chop the avocados then mix in the pico de gallo.
- Seed and mince the roasted jalapeño.
- Add the jalapeño, fresh lime juice, cilantro, roasted corn, garlic, kosher salt and pepper to the avocado mixture.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.
- Garnish with Cotija cheese if desired.