Contributed by: Deb's Kitchen - Seal Beach
Fettuccine with Fresh Spring Peas & Pancetta
Chef Debbi Dubbs showcases peas in a delicious fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz. pancetta, diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 sprinkle of sea salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, reserving some for garnish.
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cook the pasta according to directions, adding a good tablespoon of salt to the water, and while that is cooking continue with the recipe.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat and add a little olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan, add the diced pancetta and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the shallots and sauté until translucent.
- Add the wine and chicken stock, bring to a boil and add the peas with a generous sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cover and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the peas are a bright green color.
- When the liquid is reduced to about a tablespoon, add the cream and cook for about 3 minutes then add the cheese and the pasta.
- Toss well and add a little of the pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve with a grind of fresh pepper.