Fettuccine with Fresh Spring Peas & Pancetta
Chef Debbi Dubbs showcases peas in a delicious fettuccine pasta
1 pound fettuccine pasta1 tablespoon olive oil8 oz. pancetta, diced1 small shallot, minced2 tablespoons dry white wine2 tablespoons chicken stock1 cup fresh peas1 sprinkle of sea salt¼ cup heavy cream1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, reserving some for garnish.Fresh ground pepper
- Cook the pasta according to directions, adding a good tablespoon of salt to the water, and while that is cooking continue with the recipe.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat and add a little olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan, add the diced pancetta and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the shallots and sauté until translucent.
- Add the wine and chicken stock, bring to a boil and add the peas with a generous sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cover and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the peas are a bright green color.
- When the liquid is reduced to about a tablespoon, add the cream and cook for about 3 minutes then add the cheese and the pasta.
- Toss well and add a little of the pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve with a grind of fresh pepper.