Plan your Mardi Gras party withaclassic New Orleans’ dish, all under ten ingredients. The Chicago seafood experts of Fahlstrom’s Fresh Fish Market share their simple recipes that will bring The Big Easy’s flavor to your Mardi Gras party or Fat Tuesday celebration.
Classic Cajun cooking can seem complex and intimidating. However, the following ten core ingredients can be used in different applications for wonderfully delicious dishes. Using just Shrimp, Spicy Andouille Sausage, Crawfish, Holy Trinity (onions, green pepper & celery), Seafood Stock, Cajun Seasonings, Butter and Flour…
Fahlstrom’s Fresh Fish Market Mardi Gras Jambalaya
Plan your Mardi Gras party with a classic New Orleans’ dish, all under ten ingredients. The Fahlstrom’s Fresh Fish Market experts share a Jambalaya recipe
Holy Trinity – Onions, green pepper & celerySpicy Andouille sausageShrimpCrawfishSeafood stockCorn bread
- Sauté the holy trinity with clarified butter.
- Once the veggies are translucent, add garlic, shrimp,crawfish, spicy Andouille sausage and seafood seasoning (or creole seasoning).
- Cook until aromas are distinct.
- From here, add the flour and butter for your roux, right into the sautéed items.
- Make sure the flower is cooked into the ingredients before adding the seafood stock.
- Once you have reached the desired thickness, serve right over cornbread.