El Caserio Shrimp Ceviche
El Caserio Shrimp Ceviche taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
8 21-25* Ecuadorian white shrimp1/2 Red onion – cut lengthwiseJuice of 2 lemons or limesSalt – to taste2-3 sprigs Fresh cilantro – chopped and whole1/2 Tomato – finely chopped1 T corn oilSalt and pepper – to taste1 Baby red potato – cooked, peeled, slicedAvocado sliced – to garnishLemon slices
- Poach shrimp lightly in water until they curl, about 3 to 4 minutes. Shock in ice.
- Mix red onion, lemon juice & salt together and place shrimp in marinade at least 2 hours.
- Cut shrimp into small pieces.
- Toss shrimp mixture with chopped cilantro, tomato, oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve with potato and avocado as shown. Garnish with lemon and cilantro.
- *Ecuadorians enjoy ceviche with chifles (fried plantain chips) and cancha (corn nuts) on the side.