Contributed by: Chef William Velasco
El Caserio Shrimp Ceviche
El Caserio Shrimp Ceviche taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 8 21-25* Ecuadorian white shrimp
- 1/2 Red onion – cut lengthwise
- Juice of 2 lemons or limes
- Salt – to taste
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh cilantro – chopped and whole
- 1/2 Tomato – finely chopped
- 1 T corn oil
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 Baby red potato – cooked, peeled, sliced
- Avocado sliced – to garnish
- Lemon slices
- Poach shrimp lightly in water until they curl, about 3 to 4 minutes. Shock in ice.
- Mix red onion, lemon juice & salt together and place shrimp in marinade at least 2 hours.
- Cut shrimp into small pieces.
- Toss shrimp mixture with chopped cilantro, tomato, oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve with potato and avocado as shown. Garnish with lemon and cilantro.
- *Ecuadorians enjoy ceviche with chifles (fried plantain chips) and cancha (corn nuts) on the side.